Make Time or Make Excuses - The Choice is Yours!

The facts are a lot of people want results and very few are willing to put in the work needed to get them! I have to admit there were times I daydreamed of my soon to be six pack, my thighs of steel etched with definition, my super toned arms and the body that just slays honey! However the reality is that daydreaming will not materialize these results. What will bring about the results you want? As Rihanna would say it takes, "Work, work, work, work, work." 

That's right!! There are no short cuts on the road to Health and Wellness. In order to make it to your destination you have to put one foot in front of the other, get dirty, sacrifice and move forward. 

Earlier today the alarm went off well before the sunrise and before most people rise. I was tired and thought, "Oh heck no, not today!" I was really tired. Then it hit me, what is sleeping in going to accomplish? I had already had a full nights rest (granted I tossed and turned a alot). It was pure laziness talking and that laziness is exactly what has kept me from my goal for far to long. Anywho, within 5 min I jumped up, attacked my morning meditation and off I was ready to get moving. As I got ready it hit me I did not have lunch ready nor cooked! Instead of attempting to convince myself that I would eat something healthy I decided to cut all risks and cook my lunch. 

Like a kid in a candy store my mind ran thru all the healthy possibilities I could make for lunch as I rummaged through the colorful assortment of veggies and grains. Within 30 minutes I put together the following:

Fierce Fiery Green Beans 
Sauteed Garlic and Mushrooms with a Sherry reduction 
Garlic Quinoa 

I added a side salad and packed all items into my meal prep containers. Just like that lunch was packed and ready to go! This all literally took 30  minutes. 

So friends do me a favor and the next time you wonder why you are not at goal yet ask yourself, "Have I been busy making the time or making excuses?" 

I know the truth can be painful but it is also empowering. 




































No comments