Excuse the Excuses!

Does this sound familiar? 
How many times have you tried on an outfit and asked someone or even yourself if the outfit made you look fat? Or better yet, did you ever catch yourself saying, "This is going to look good once I put on my Spanx!" We are all guilty as charged! 

The harsh reality is that we don't want to hear the truth. We want whoever we are asking to say, "No girl, that dress looks good on you it makes you look so slim!" We are forcing the person we are asking to lie to us just to make us feel better and avoid the truth. 

Well the truth is .... it's not the dress.. it's YOU! That fat you are carrying around is what is causing you to look fat in everything you put on! I know that sounds so harsh and rude, in all honestly I slightly cringed when I typed that. Please do not think I am fat shaming anyone however we need to deal with the facts so that we make progress. If we constantly make excuses for ourselves we will never deal with the real issue and therefore we cannot move forward. 

Whew!!! Now that we got that out of the way let's move on. We just took the first step in acknowledging and accepting the truth and now we can work towards a resolution. The million dollar question is .. How? My answer is rather simple: excuse the excuses

We stop our progress because we are full of excuses and we subconsciously talk ourselves out of reaching our goals. We all know there is no secret to weight loss. Success lies in consistently eating clean, drinking water and  exercising. Why are you not successful in your weight loss endeavor? I will be bold and proclaim the reason is because YOU are getting in your own way with your excuses and stories! 

How many times have you  said any of the following:
  • I am so tired 
  • I just don't have the time 
  • I cannot afford a gym membership or trainer 
  • I don't know what to eat or how to workout 
  • I don't want to mess up my hair 
  • I have small children to care for 
  • My body aches 
  • Etc, etc, etc 
I could continue on however I think you get the point. I have used all of the above at some point or another and even created a few good ones myself. I also understand the struggle that comes along with this journey all too well and that is why I can write this. This message comes from a place deep within my heart with an aim of helping anyone that comes across this. I am right there with you in this struggle the only difference is that I let go of the excuses and made my health my priority. I travel an hour just to get to some of my workouts, I juggle after school activities for the kids, I have a full time job, I am a student, I help others reach their goals, I have a bad knee and my list goes on. I could use any one of these as an excuse and skip workouts however I resolved to finally meet my goals despite all the things that occur in life and to find solutions to obstacles that will arise along the way.

Take the first step today and make yourself a priority! Put away all your excuses, despite what you think or how legit you think your reasons are, if they are preventing you from reaching your goals they are simply EXCUSES!!!  Pour that energy into your walk/ run/ training session and give it your all. As Nike says, "Just do it!" 

Stop looking for the dress that doesn't make you look fat and start doing the work to burn that fat!! 


.....Take these words and allow them to ignite your inner fierce 











No comments